Updated: Feb 27
Cinnamon Sugar Vegan donuts made from scratch with the qualities of a donut shop.
Vegan donuts are super easy to make and are super yummy.
Make vegan donuts that taste like they came straight from the donut shop.
This cinnamon sugar vegan donut recipe is filled with healthy alternatives that won’t break the bank and won’t ruin your diet.
In this article we will discover the following:
· Healthy ingredients and substitutions
· How to make cinnamon sugar vegan donuts
Do you have 20 minutes to spare and are craving something sweet? Then you have time to bake these delicious Cinnamon Sugar Vegan Donuts. Create donut shop quality vegan donuts without the need to leave your house. These easy vegan donuts are perfect with a glass of almond milk.
This cinnamon sugar vegan donut recipe uses healthy alternatives to create these delicious treats. If you don’t already use these ingredients, today is the day to Make The Healthy Choice. These cinnamon sugar vegan donuts are lighter on the calories and use no refined sugars.
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Vegan Donuts
Ingredients & Substitutes
Flour: All-purpose flour
Exclusions: wheat and bleached flour
Plant milk: We use unsweetened almond milk for this recipe. Other milks like oat, coconut, banana and other plant milks are fine.
Exclusions: Dairy milk and soy milk
Sugar: coconut sugar or brown sugar
Exclusions: table sugar
Butter: vegan plant butter
Exclusions: dairy butter
Vanilla: vanilla extract
Exclusions: vanilla flavoring
Oil: grapeseed oil or avocado oil or any fruit oil.
Exclusions: vegetable oils and lard
In this recipe, we are making donut holes so no pan is needed. Make sure to have a flat surface to work on, such as a cutting board or cookie sheet.
Roll each ball of dough into gumball size circles. The donut holes will puff and spread while frying.
How to Make Vegan Donuts
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 3 min
Servings: 2- 3 dozen depending on your scoop size
Cinnamon sugar vegan donuts are super easy and fun to make.
Preheat oil in a medium sized pot.
Combine your dry ingredients into a bowl then whisk them together.
Pour in your liquids.
Mix with a fork and combine your ingredients in your mixing bowl.
Roll donuts into gumball sized balls (1 tbsp).
Place into pot and fry.
Place a paper towel inside a container.
Take donuts out of pot and place on paper towel and let sit.
Optional Cinnamon and Sugar Coating:
Mix cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and whisk together.
Melt butter and place into a bowl.
Take your donuts and dip into melted butter on all sides.
Roll your vegan donuts into your cinnamon and sugar and cover the area you want.
We think you will love these cinnamon sugar vegan donuts because:
We use healthy alternatives for baking vegan donuts.
Perfect for the munchies and sweets craving.
It’s a quick recipe.
Vegan donuts are easy to make and share.
They are fun to make with family and friends.
Vegan donuts don’t ruin your diet.
Cinnamon Sugar Vegan Donuts
Vegan donuts are delicious and super quick to make. They are fun to make and taste like they came from your own personal bakery. Our vegan cinnamon sugar vegan donuts are free of refined sugar and bleached ingredients.
Medium sized pot
1¼ cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
½ cup of coconut or brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 good shakes of nutmeg
½ cup of almond milk
3 tablespoons melted vegan butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon & Sugar Topping
½ cup coconut or brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup melted vegan butter
1. Preheat 3 to 4 cups of grapeseed or avocado oil in a medium sized pot.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and whisk.
3. Combine dairy-free milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract into a separate bowl.
4. Pour dairy-free milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl with dry ingredients.
5. Mix well with a fork to combine. Be careful not to overwork dough. The batter will have the consistency of cake batter, not too thick but not too runny.
6. Make sure your flat surface has flour on it.
7. Grab small pieces of dough and combine with flour from flat surface and roll into gumball sized balls (1 tbsp).
8. Place rolled dough into pot and fry for 2-3 minutes or until donut holes are golden brown.
9. Remove donut holes from pot and place on a dry towel in a container to drain oil and sit.
10. Let cool for 2-3 minutes in the container. Then you can eat them or place in a sealed container.
Optional Steps for Cinnamon Sugar Topping
11. Mix cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and whisk together.
12. Melt vegan butter and place into a bowl.
13. Take your donuts and dip into melted butter on all sides.
14. Roll your vegan donuts into your sugar and cinnamon and cover the area you want.
* Or an easier way is to pour mixed cinnamon and sugar into your container and toss donut holes until they are all covered.
Leave a comment on how your easy cinnamon sugar vegan donut recipe turned out. We would love to hear suggestions and tips for other readers to enjoy.
Share this recipe with your family and friends and enjoy your baking goodness! Share pictures.
Do you need a blog writer for your website? Technical/content writing is a unique skill that we possess to add credibility to your website. Blog writing is an important component in increasing site visibility using SEO keywords. If we can research it, we can write it!
Your work will naturally include the following:
Originality (no plagiarizing ever)
Grammatically correct language